Thursday, December 7, 2017

Shining Tinsel

LIKE STRANDS OF SHINING TINSEL
 
"Like strands of shining tinsel,
Hope will ever weave
Through his sorrow, who remembers
Candles Christmas Eve.
 His tongue will not grow bitter
Who learns in youth the glory
Of the old sweet Christmas carols
And the manger story.
 Nor love and faith quite vanish
For one with memories
Of dreams come true on laden,
Star-tipped Christmas trees.
 So fill the house with fragrance
Of cedar boughs, with laughter-
These are gifts a child heart
Will keep forever after."
Poem from Kitchen Sonnets by Ethel Romig Fuller
It is that time of year where tinsel, songs, and boughs of evergreen
make an appearance.
Have you hung your sparkles?
Do you have a song in your heart?
Put on your party dress, dance, sing, and savor each moment.

Photos taken at Bella Flora, my favorite go to shop when 
I need my spirits to soar. 

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Yes, I have a song in my heart! Love this poem, Marilyn. What a cute shop. My mom used to hang tinsel on her Christmas tree with red balls. You don't see the tinsel any more. So, your title caught my eye right away. ; )

~Sheri

Joy said...

I love that poem, it's one of my favorites. My decorations are partly up - hope to finish them this weekend. Love the pictures with this post. Merry Christmas!

Tracy said...

What beautiful words... and what beautiful glitter and sparkle to match them... A wonderful post, Marilyn! :))) The halls are decked here, simple as we do them, but love the extra twinkle of lights and candles. At the moment, I admit I'm not dancing yet, as I'm feeling very behind on my to-do list and the calendar is feeling a bit to full this week... I'm hoping after a rush of things last week and this, that next week I can let my hair down a bit! ;) LOL... Happy Sparkle Days ((HUGS))

Linda P said...

Good thoughts in that poem. Bella Flora looks a nice shop to browse around. No seasonal decorations up yet in our house. I enjoy the ones I see when out and about. The snow and ice is melting on our hilly neighbourhood. We are expecting more. I managed to get to the post office to post my Christmas mail thanks to my husband driving me there. Listening to some lovely Christmas music now.

Jeanie said...

Sparkles are in progress. The song in the heart depends on the day. But it'll happen.