Monday, November 13, 2017

Walk with Me - Celebrating Friendship

 Celebrating 20 years of friendship,
my friend, Annette, and I decided to go for a walk and have lunch.
 It was a beautiful Autumn day at the end of October
and a perfect day for a walk.
 Shared memories of meeting at a spiritual growth workshop
at a local hospital brought us together.
 We have walked in sad times and happy times.
I have been blessed to be Mimi to her son.
 And life flows by with the deepness of friendship.

 What a special day to share with a dear friend,
a walk with the golden touches of Autumn, water flowing,
and shared memories.
 There also was shared cups of tea as we finished our walk.
An aged (about 25 years), roasty tea, Buddha Hands Oolong,
just right to celebrate a dear friendship.
Do you celebrate friendships?
How do you celebrate?

5 comments:

Bernideen said...

Enjoyed seeing your walk and tea. I enjoyed tea too at a luncheon on Saturday with 3 friends I met here and some new friends! It's always fun to gather and bring tea into the mix! Thanks for sharing.

Angela McRae said...

What a lovely way to celebrate a special friendship!

Tracy said...

20 years of special friendship--such a beautiful milestone... and what beautiful way to celebrate! As most of my friends live far away from my every day life, I've not had a chance to be with them for many milestones...but there is always celebration in the heart. And then there's happy things like cards, etc. ;) Here's to the great gift of friendship! I'm thankful for your, Marilyn! ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

Now, that's a beautiful and very appropriate way to celebrate such an enduring friendship. I loved seeing your tea set up (but wasn't surprised) -- a perfect day!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special friendship you have, Marilyn. And what better way to celebrate it than a walk in the woods, so beautiful. I love oolong tea, but usually only have it when eating Chinese food. Your nature pictures always make my heart sing. : )

~Sheri