Friday, October 6, 2017

Lavender Garden


Lavender Garden Mint Tea

In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water
to a boil over high heat.  Add 1 TBS. lavender buds and 1 large
handful of fresh mint leaves.  Let steep for 5 minutes.
Sweeten with hone if desired, and add a squeeze of lemon
juice.  Serve hot or refrigerate until cold and serve on ice with
fresh mint springs and lemon slices.

from Los Poblanos in Albuquerque, New Mexico

"My dear, have some lavender...
your spirits are quite down."
~John O'Keefe 1798
Lavender season is about past,
but thought you would enjoy one last glass
of icy, cold lemonade.
A salute to the end of summer.
Now onto Autumn/Fall with the Harvest Moon.
 Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I've never had lavender tea before, Marilyn. But I sure do love the lavender flowers. That's a pretty picture of the lavender garden. We had different kinds of teas at baby shower. Yes, on to Autumn, my favorite season of all. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

I do love lavender. How fun to have a lavender field -- wouldn't it be amazing to grow it like that? Although I can barely keep a plant going so maybe it's not my career path!

Rosemary said...

Oh, your lavender mint tea sounds divine! With this warm summer weather we are having in PA, it sounds simply perfect!