Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Flock and Fleece

Sunday on impulse my live-in gardener and I hopped
in the car and attended the Flock and Fleece event at the fairgrounds.
This booth particularly touched my heart as I use to take
spinning and natural dye classes there when we first moved
to Oregon in 1975.
Now that is a long time ago.
I went on to a career in the world of apparel 
and didn't keep up with all the creative pursuits.
Fast forward many years and my spinning wheel sits idle.
But my heart still yearns for creativity.
Aren't these colors amazing?


It was a bit over-whelming to see how the woolcraft industry has progressed.
The colors sang to my heart.
Yes, I came home with some wool.


I couldn't resist.
And look at these amazing sheep and goats.
That bag of wool just came off.
Hope he/she doesn't get cold with autumn coming.
This one is looking at me very suspiciously.
Judging was underway.
I thought this sweet one was smiling for me.

Isn't this wool amazing?
Well beside buying a bit of wool,
I signed up for a winter workshop in December.
Now I can't wait to get that wheel whirring again.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a nice trip you had. I loved seeing all the sheep. I love the one with the smile, it caught my eyes also!

Jeanie said...

That looks like LOADS of fun, Marilyn. I haven't been to a fiber festival in eons. I don't knit much anymore, maybe more this winter but bad hands. But oh, I love seeing it sheared, spun, and just touching it!

Linda P said...

What a lovely day out Marilyn! I noticed your spinning wheel in one of your recent posts and wondered if you used it. I'm sure you're looking forward to the workshop in December. Yarn is so tactile and it'll be good to spin your own and use it to make something beautiful.

Red Rose Alley said...

Look at all the pretty colors of yarn. I didn't know you knitted, Marilyn. Such cute pictures of the sheep and goats. It sounds like you had a great time here. I just love festivals, craft fairs, and flea markets. I've been wanting to go to one lately since the weather is cooler. : )

~Sheri

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I am jealous! Spinning is one of the few forms of fiber craft I haven't learned (yet!), and this would be so fun. Those colors of wool are just amazing. Can't wait to see what you end up making!

Adrienne said...

You were almost in my backyard at the festival! Would you believe that I've never gone? Each year I say I will and then something comes along that keeps me away. I think it's time I make sure I go next time. Loved your photos and so wished I had gone and purchased some yarn to knit my winter evenings away.
~Adrienne~