Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Route 66

Missing in action!
Yes! I have been away for a couple days,
but not to Route 66 as you might believe.
When my "live-in gardener" and I took our road
trip last month someone said we would be traveling Route 66.
That old song popped in my head and so I watched for the signs.
And because it was lunch time we took the business detour off the highway
to follow the old Route 66 for awhile.
What fun to find Snow Cap for a burger and fries.
Yes, I love finding a tea spot,
but this burger stop was ever so fun.
And of course we need a bit of fun and whimsy
along the road too.

Memories came to the surface of the days long ago
where my friends and I would hop in the old car and cruise Main St., USA







Pictures were taken.
Memories regaled.
Burgers were eaten.
And down the road we went.
So if you ever find yourself along Route 66, stop for a burger
and delight in a past era.
It was an era I remember, yes I am that age
where memories can delight and give me a smile.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the bright colors and the roadside stands. I'm so glad you stopped and got these terrific photos of those spots. With every post you write, my southwest item moves farther to the top of the bucket list!

Linda P said...

Break stops on Route 66 look very colourful. Our grandson no. 3 has Route 66 souvenirs on his bedroom wall from a past trip. When I see the big model badge of Route 66 (as he gives up his room when we go to stay) I feel like travelling on this famous road. Thank you for your good wishes on the occasion of our wedding anniversary.

Mary said...

I recall our cross country road trips with the kids back in the 60's and 70's which encompassed Route 66 also. A lot of fun and definitely colorful stops along the way. Guess we were "getting our kicks" too, haha!

Glad you, like us, still enjoy getting on the road now and then, can't be wasting precious time!!!
Mary x

Tracy said...

God Bless Route 66! :))) Oh, but it is a bit of dream of ours, too, to drive any bit of that historic highway--one day! Oh, I love that burger stop...and all those stops along the way...back in time--LOVE it! Your pictures could be postcards! Thanks for the smiles, Marilyn! ((HUGS))


Unknown said...

Looks like big fun! I really enjoyed your pictures.