Friday, May 12, 2017

Gardenhouse Tea Time

With the rebuilding of our garden house
I had waited a couple years to once again have tea time
in the garden house.
Finally the time came to honor the women friends
that gather each month over a meal and to share family
stories as we grow old together.
I wanted flowers to be shared with
teaware and bouquets.


Also on the table I had garden quotes to read.
It was a celebration of friendship,
the first of many in the garden house this year.
In the spoons was shrimp salad and radish.
The savories were all gluten free, including the bread.
Coronation Chicken Sandwich
Cucumber Sandwich with cream cheese and dill weed
Rice crackers with goat cheese, olive tapenade, and sweet pepper
Endive with smoked salmon, radish sprouts, and cream mixture
Dessert was not gluten free, but still enjoyed
Lemon tarts
Vanilla cookies with lemon icing and flowers
Strawberries dipped in chocolate

The tea served was Dong Ding Oolong from Taiwan.
A perfect roasty tea for a rainy day.

The conversation was a delight
and friendship enjoyed sitting at the tea table 
in the garden house,
listening to the pitter patter of rain on the roof.

Happy Weekend, dear friends!
May you find moments to sit and enjoy a cup of tea with friends.
PS - I will be traveling the next 2 weeks; so my posts may be more erratic.
Hoping to post from the road.
If I am missing, I hope you are out enjoying Spring time.
If you leave a comment, I may be a little slow at moderation;
but just know I love your messages and treasure them each day.
Thanks to my son, who will be house sitting!

5 comments:

Joy said...

Beautiful setting, lovely table, amazing tea treats, and time with friends - what could be more perfect?

Jeanie said...

Well, it's a good thing I don't live ANyWHERE near where you are because I would have crashed your party in a heartbeat. And ogled your gorgeous table and been a total pig at the fabulous array of wonderful food. I am in awe!

Lorrie said...

What a delightful tea party! The food looks wonderful, as does the setting. What really struck my eye were those beautiful chintz plates! Enjoy your trip!

Rosemary said...

Your garden tea party looks fabulous! Love all the fresh flowers and the beautiful china. Such lucky lucky guests!

Adrienne said...

Love your teahouse! Brings back memories of having tea with you!
~Asrienne~