Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Truly a Luxury

 Joey thinks so too!


Only vintage pillow cases are used on my bed.
Why have them and not use them?



About 7 or 8 years ago while traveling in France I bought two linen vintage sheets
at a street market and I fell in love with linen sheets.
Fast forward (it seems) and the sheets were beginning to show a lot of wear.
We used them always and did I say loved them.
Oh the crispness of climbing into bed each night,
tucked in with a good book to read and sweet dreams to make.
Or tea in the early morning light was also a delight.
What was I going to do when they wore out?
My friend, Mary, at the blog A Breathe of Fresh Air had mentioned buying
sheets from Rough Linen, but I felt like it was beyond my budget.
Then with my dear sheets wearing out I knew I couldn't go back to cotton or a blend.
Do I take the leap?  Am I worth gorgeous sheets?
Well yes!!!   So I did it just recently.  I bought a bottom and a top sheet.
This week they are on my bed and I am delighting in the luxury.
My bed it a regular size, but I bought a Queen size for the bottom because
you use them as a tuck in, not a fitted.  Then because the size is so generous
the Twin size worked for the top sheet.
Oh the LUXURY, I am worth every single penny of it.
I am in love with my linen sheets.

3 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

I'm so pleased you are enjoying your linens Marilyn!

Mary said...

I just knew you would love them Marilyn! There's no way I could ever sleep on anything else now.

. . . . . . . and to the lovely Tricia, we thank you for such quality bedding - I will order more soon.

Mary -

Jeanie said...

Hi Joey, welcome back! Seems you know a good thing when you've got it!