Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tea Time at the Japanese Gardens



  On a lovely summer morning just recently
I walked toward the teahouse at the Japanese Gardens.
Approaching the house we were greeted with a refreshing
cup of tea and asked to wait here until the appointed time.
The teahouse waited in anticipation.
Prepared with each detail lovingly planned and graciously arranged.

Each flower and container chosen for significance to the occasion.

I am always struck by the precision of the Japanese tea ceremony.
The movements, each item in the teahouse is so treasured
and appreciated for it's beauty.
Stephanie wanted to honor her mother in a special tea ceremony,
but I also felt so honored by being a chosen guest.
It was a very special teatime in the Japanese Gardens teahouse.
What a treat!



9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely experience - and your photos capture the beauty, serenity and tranquility of the ceremony.

Steph said...

I'm so glad you could attend, Marilyn! Your friendship is very dear to me.

La Tea Dah said...

A very special time! Everything looks so beautiful and well thought out. I wish I could have been there.

Jeanie said...

I always love it when you take us here. It reminds me of Japan and is so lovely and filled with peace.

Laura Morrigan said...

It's been a while since I went to a Japanese garden.

Joy said...

I can sense the calm and serenity of this special ceremony in this lovely place.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A lovely tea and the gardens are so very beautiful. (I scrolled down to see them in your last post ) Japanese gardens are so peaceful. What a wonderful experience - thank you for taking us along. x Karen

Lu Ann @ The Cup of Life said...

Wow! This looks like such a lovely experience. Thank you for sharing it :)

Linda P said...

I have enjoyed participating in a Japanese ceremony in a friend's home. It must have been a wonderful experience to be invited to do so by your friend in a special ceremony to honour her mother in a beautiful Japanese tea garden.