Thursday, August 11, 2016

Plums

Our plum tree is overloaded.
I am buried!
Yes, blueberries and now plums.
Oh the abundance of summer!!!
The food dehydrator is going round the clock
and I just don't want to make jam.
If you live in my part of the world,
please come and pick.
Looking through my cookbooks this week I found this
very yummy dessert, but how many can we eat before
we become blimps!  Smiling!
So if you have plums or you want to pick mine here is the recipe.

Wonderful Plum Crunch

Pit and quarter 3 pounds fresh prune plums
Combine with 1/4 cup brown sugar
Spoon into 11 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish
Sift together 1 cup all-purpose flour,
1 cup granulated sugar (can be a bit less),
1/2 teaspoon each salt and cinnamon;
add 1 beaten egg;
toss until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle over plums.
Drizzle with 1/2 cup melted butter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings

Thanks, Better Homes and Garden cookbook

7 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful pictures and yummy food!

Angela McRae said...

Oh, to be your neighbor, Marilyn! I would be traipsing through your gardens until you shooed me away! :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This looks so good! I'll be trying this! xx

Jeanie said...

I remember last year you couldn't cook up the plums fast enough! It looks like another good harvest -- the recipe sounds delish!

Laura Morrigan said...

Ooh too bad I'm not nearby!

Rosemary said...

Your plum crunch looks yummy! Wish I could help you with your overabundance of plums!

Joy said...

If I were close enough, I would surely come pick some plums!