Tuesday, March 8, 2016

When is Tea Time?

When do the ladies that like to go to tea, traditionally afternoon tea, have tea?
The typical time in England is usually 4-6PM.
Thus said, the British will say "let's put the kettle on"  
anytime of the day or night, especially if comforting a friend or family member.
In the USA it is more often 3-5PM.
As I looked at my pictures of tea time for me,
I realized tea time for me is most often in the early morning hours. 
There is always a small pot of tea as I sit in the silence of the house
and meditate on the day to come.
It isn't a time I try to make things match and look elegant,
but it is a time I love using whatever touches my heart that morning.

So as I sip my tea this morning, I am wondering are you enjoying a cup of tea with me?
What time is your typical tea time during each day?

PS - Still haven't heard from Blessings Brenda on the give away last week.
Please with future give-away's on my blog or other blogs, leave a way to
contact you when you are a winner.

linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

10 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Recently I have been exploring the world of chai teas. They generally are not among my favorites, but for some reason the warming spices have been appealing to me. One that I've tried is Starry Chai and it has a cherry base. It's not been especially well-received but it is growing on me. I am loving a tin of coconut chai --- used it all up --- and have ordered more!

Bernideen said...

What a lovely photo and great information! Loved it and I hope Brenda finds you.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I answered on your FB that my afternoon tea is at 3pm and I do love a pot in the morning too although it's usually a coffee then.
One of my giveaways had to have a redraw as the winner could not be found, hope Brenda comes back to your blog with her info.

Steph said...

All hours are tea hours for me! :-)

Margie said...

I usually enjoy a cup of tea in the morning. Then after dinner, I'll have another cup, but it'll have to be something caffeine-free so that I can sleep!

Linda Jennings said...

Tea and toast with orange marmalade or cinnamon sugar in the morning, after everyone else leaves for school and work, is my favorite time.

Sylvia said...

Anytime is a good time for Tea. I don't set aside a certain time.

Jeanie said...

My morning begins with Tab. Tea, to me, is mostly social, with a friend -- except in winter when it's an evening thing or summer when it's iced! Lovely!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Our afternoon tea is usually 3:00 to 4:00 and out traditional family question to fill the pot is "Cuppa tea?" Hence the tea meme name I use...taken from both my and my husband's English families...something we all have in common in the US and UK.

We do eleven she's, but that's always a green tea, while the afternoon is a black. Lovely photo!
Ruth

Joy said...

I usually drink a cup of tea (or two!) mid morning, about 10:30 AM. Then mid afternoon or evening, I switch to something without caffeine. But a mid-afternoon snack is always a good idea. :-)