Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Flowers in the Garden, It must be Springtime!

 A cluster of yellow Crocus under the big tree.
 First blooms of the Daphne.  Sweet smells in the garden.
 I thought the Witch Hazel was dead, but there it is freshly bloomed.
 There are about 35 Camilla plants in the garden as a hedge.
They are just beginning to bloom in red, pink, and white.
 My first bouquet from the garden.
 The purple Crocus are just starting to appear in the front lawn for all our neighbors to enjoy.
A heart for Valentine's.  It just makes those walking by smile and sometimes snap a photo.
A close up of the Crocus.

I know it is early, but are any of you finding signs of Springtime?
Sometimes we have to bend down close and search out the first tips and signs
like my Delphinium just below.  Do you see the green coming through the ground?

6 comments:

Ginger said...

My daffodils are coming up. I doubt they bloom for a few more weeks.

parTea lady said...

Your awakening garden is beautiful. I really like your first bouquet of the season - it is so cheering to have flowers in the house.

Jeanie said...

Be still my heart. This color makes my heart sing! I have a few daff sprouts but then snow, then melt and warm, then more snow and single digits). I don't know if they will ever bloom. So, keep that color and crocus coming!

Laura Morrigan said...

Such beautiful flowers! And I love the heart, summer is ending here, wonder if it is too late to do that! Maybe ready for next year!

Joy said...

What beautiful flowers! I haven't even seen a crocus here yet. And I always admire your camellias. Thanks for sharing your early spring flowers with us.

Rosemary said...

Your early springtime arrival always makes me eager for the changing season. We still have several weeks until buds will start peeking forth from the frozen ground.