Tuesday, December 8, 2015

A Wonder of a Tea

 After steeping, I delighted in the full, beautiful leaves.
They are dark and full of aroma.
I can just imagine the hands that picked these leaves so lovingly,
then the hands that treated them with care as they processed the tea.
And now, I sit here enjoying the fruits of their labor
in the candle light of a cold winter morning.
What a perfect tea for morning time.
I have tried with each sip to put words to the flavor,
but I haven't been very successful in finding the right words.
The name of the tea is Heritage Wonder from Heritage Factory Assam.
It was steeped in boiling water for 4 minutes.
There was no astringency and a lovely smooth black tea.
It didn't overwhelm with boldness, but at the same time it delighted the tongue. 
I could say it was a tinge of chocolate or fruitiness,
but really it was just a plain "Wonder" of a straight forward black tea.
Thanks to the farmer, Rajen Baruah, for sending me this lovely tea.

Linking to Bernideen today at http://blog.bernideens.com/

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

It's so beautiful in that red pot and with the candle. I can practically feel the warmth right now!

Lorrie said...

Wonderful description of the tea, Marilyn, and a beautiful photo to accompany your words.

Angela McRae said...

That's one of the things I most enjoy about trying a new tea, simply savoring the moment, pausing to enjoy the tea, and finding the words to describe it. (Like you, I often can't find exactly the right words. But maybe that, too, is a good thing?)

Tracy said...

Wonder... a cup of wonder. That's a good way for describing tea--most any tea, really! A cup of wonder, a cup of cheer... :) LOVE your little red teapot, Marilyn!! With the red candle and glow--such pre-Christmas loveliness! ((HUGS))