Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Yosemite Falls - How could I miss you?

Upper and Lower Yosemite Falls.
The walk to view the Lower Falls.
The Lower Yosemite Falls.
The water flowing below us.

Oops!  Missed sharing the tallest waterfalls in North America
and the seventh tallest in the world (according to Wikipedia).
Did you know that?  I didn't.
It is Yosemite Falls.

"So glorious a display of pure wildness, acting at close range while
cut off from all the world beside, is terribly impressive.....
the rainbow light forming one of the most glorious pictures conceivable."
~John Muir

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World."
~Henry Thoreau

Both quotes come from the book, Meditations of John Muir, Nature's Temple,
compiled and edited by Chris Highland.

On this road trip adventure I became fascinated by John Muir.
First having tea at the Muir Tea House, then the time
in Yosemite, plus a road stop on the way home with a view of
Mount Shasta.  All the wildness John Muir treasured.
Welcome April!
May you not be fooled, but may the flowers shine in your eyes
and the day delight your soul.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

These are magnificent, Marilyn. Didn't you feel terribly small standing besides these beautiful forces of nature? I confess, I've felt that way twice -- Yosemite and Grand Canyon. Like a teeny speck. Gorgeous. Perfect quotes, too.

Angela McRae said...

I love how you managed to show perspective in your photos ... I definitely sense the height in these images!

Mary said...

Great images Marilyn - I didn't know Yosemite Falls were the seventh tallest in the world - thanks for the info.
I've been able to view Mt. Shasta when in northern California - it's quite an amazing sight.
As we say, nature always 'knocks our socks off' with her beauty.

Hugs - Mary

Tracy said...

STUNNING... simply stunning! I've got John Muir on my reading list. I have My First Summer in the Sierra on my Kindle app, but have yet to read it... ((HUGS))

Laura Morrigan said...

Utter magic! ;)