Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Morning Tea with Me


The “A” List
Kittens are your very best guests for tea.
They won’t require Albert’s china.
When serving milk and savories
A chipped saucer will do just fine.

They will sit quietly and enjoy
Your company
And never say
“So tell me, Dear,
What is it exactly that you do?”

Kittens are cute,
Generally quiet and mostly free.
Could there ever be
A better invitee for tea?

Susan Patterson
08-03

This poem came in my inbox just yesterday.
I had been thinking about my Joey Cat joining me for morning tea lately.
Not sure why I was so slow to take notice,
but every morning he stretches out at my feet when I have my breakfast tea.
Of course there is a tummy rub involved.
Even if the tummy rub wasn't there, he would still be there quietly enjoying
 morning tea with me.

7 comments:

Steph said...

I love that tablecloth!

Adrienne said...

He's such sweet company for tea!
~Adrienne~

La Tea Dah said...

Joey is cozy and comfy and knows just how to entice you into rubbing his tummy. It's good to know he enjoys the service of tea as much as you do! Your table is just lovely!

Rosemary said...

Such fun! Love the way the flowers highlight the colors in the tablecloth!

Angela McRae said...

Your Joey is one lucky cat!

parTea lady said...

What a pretty setting for morning tea. Glad Joey enjoys it with you. I like the poem too.

Jeanie said...

Hi Joey -- welcome back! I've missed you! Now, you stay off that gorgeous blue and gold table cloth or some mummy might not be so happy!

How I love that setting -- and the golden boy, too!