Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Whimsy and Posies


Real flowers in a sifter makes me smile.
Fake flowers growing out of a toaster just silly.

I know not particularly inspired, but just a smile is good.
A dear family friend passed away a few days ago.
He loved old toasters and toast.
He also had the most funny sense of humor,
the kind that you just wanted to call friend.
One time he even posed for his Christmas card in a gorilla costume next to his wife,
who was dressed normally.  When I saw that card I knew I wanted to be his friend.
So for today this toaster is for him, a toaster with plastic flowers.

Take time to notice what you notice and see the silly side of life,
the side that makes you smile or laugh.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Fun and silly, wonderful!

Jeanie said...

Silly or not, I love both of these!

And I'm so very sorry about your friend. Losing a friend is hard indeed.

Jeanne said...

Flowers are food for our souls.
Thanks for your beautiful postings
Love you
'
Jeanne

Angela McRae said...

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, but pleased to hear of another soul who walked through life with humor -- that's my kind of friend! And I must need to hear this message of "notice what you notice" because here it is again!

La Tea Dah said...

What a special way to remember a friend who knew how to make the world a special place.

paris parfait said...

Wise words and a lovely tribute to your friend! Hugs to you, Marilyn! xx