Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tea Time Tuesday

 We love birds in my home, so love opportunities to have a nest
or a bird house about the home.
Playing today with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage.
You can follow the link here to others that are sharing tea time and birds
and maybe a bit of the Irish too.

 The brownies are my acknowledgement of St. Patrick's Day
with minty icing.  The recipe came from Bernideen at Bernideens Tea Time blog.
The little duck is a vintage chocolate mold found at a brocante in France.
The table topper is pulled from my collection of table cloths.
I couldn't resist the teapot when visiting a friends teashop a few years ago.
Springtime is in the air and I am delighting in the sunshine
and yellow of the daffodils from the garden.

Won't you join me for tea.
As you see there isn't a cup sitting here
for you must pick from my shelf in the kitchen.
Another day I will share that shelf
once the kitchen is cleaned and ready to show.
Happy Tea Time Tuesday!

9 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Marilyn,
Your table is looking nice and springy with the teapot and birds nest. I like your birdhouse too. Yes, I have that same teapot and I love it! Your squares look delicious. Thank you for joining me for Tea Time and Happy Spring!

Blessings,
Sandi

paris parfait said...

Quite the lovely teatime table, Marilyn! Wish I could be there in person.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a sweet spring tea! Love your birdies and especially the teapot! So cute!
Nancy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A cute birdie tea with some spring daffodils. I've made some of Bernideen's recipes too, they're always good.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Love your teapot with the bird on the lid. such a lovely shape. And I love vintage/embroidered tablecloths, as well. Happy tea day.

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, your setting is exquisite! And I love the birds and nests so much -- very pretty with the moss as the nest base. It looks so cheerful and lovely! I'd love to be there!

Are you serving your good crackers? I made the bread base tonight -- tomorrow, the cracker part!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed.

Much love

Jeanne

Linda P said...

A lovely teatime table, Marilyn. I love the embroidered tablecloth and the bird theme. The brownies look delicious. Mmm.

Angela McRae said...

Now that first photo really "rings my bell," as they say. I just adore moss, of all kinds, anywhere, anytime. Don't know why, just have a real thing for moss! (And nests too, of course!)