Monday, June 13, 2011

Taiwan ~ Wisteria Teahouse

Arriving in Taiwan we were taken directly to the Wisteria Teahouse
where we joined the group we would be traveling through the world of tea in Taiwan.
We traveled with Shiuwen of the Floating Leaves (http://floatingleaves.com) teashop in Seattle, Maggie (a translator), and 6 total in the group.  It was a lovely small group.
Mr. Zhou Yu, the tea master, served us tea and chatted for awhile about what he was serving us.
The entrance to the Wisteria Teahouse.
Double click on picture to see more detail.
I love the tables and drum shaped seats.

Inside the teahouse, while drinking tea, we sat on pillows on the floor
much like you see in the bottom left picture.  It was a beautiful building
and was on the historic sight register.
The tea bowl in the middle right side was over 100 years old.
The tea master was very trusting to serve us tea in such beautiful bowls.
Notice the tea leaves were floating in the bowl.

This was a beautiful setting to begin our adventure into the world of Taiwan teas.
Come join me this week as we visit tea farms and the farmers.

9 comments:

Graciel said...

How amazing and exciting your trip looks!! An experience never to be forgotten, I can see.

Will your tiny house for June be influenced by your travels???

Keep me posted. I can't wait to see!

xo, Graciel

GardenOfDaisies said...

I just went over to your shop to see your tea cozies... Yes you are right. Those are very much like the ones that I made. Your fabrics are so pretty!

I learned how to make these several years ago. And then, like most sewers, I changed it a bit to make it suit me better. Is making tea cozies kinda like cooking spaghetti? The basic ingredients are all the same, but every cook has their own secret ingredient. LOL!

I have had a request from one of my readers to purchase some tea cozies for some of her friends, but I'm not in the business of selling cozies. I'm going to send her your way. :-)

La Tea Dah said...

It looks so serene and inviting. I am looking forward to your posts this week.

Steph said...

Oh, a big sigh of serenity!

Angela McRae said...

How fun to explore a new side of tea in such exotic surroundings. Can't wait to see what else you have in store this week!

Trixie and Dustin of TheTeaDrinker.com said...

Looking forward to seeing Taiwan through your eyes, MM! xo

Jeanie said...

The Wisteria teahouse is my idea of heaven, with its warm woods and calming influence. It sounds like a wonderful group!

beth said...

how wonderful !
do you have a tea house like that anywhere near where you live ?
we have a tiny renovated house that is a tea house and the downstairs is a public like area, but upstairs all the rooms that were once bedrooms, are now tea rooms and two of them are set up to sit on the floor... just like your photos.....

people come and stay for hours. some women will sit in groups and knit while drinking teas...sometimes there are book group meetings there...it's all pretty cool :)

tea time and roses said...

Oh Marilyn this is absolutely beautiful! What a lovely and inviting place. For one whom loves tea, I know this is a memory you will cherish forever. Wonderful indeed.

Smiles♥

Beverly