Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Laugh Often


"To laugh often and  love much;  to win  the  respect
of intelligent  persons and  the  affection of   children;
to earn the approbation of honest citizens and  endure
the betrayal of  false friends; to  appreciate beauty;  to
find the best in others; to give of  one's  self;  to  leave
the  world a bit  better, whether  by  a  healthy child, a
garden patch or a redeemed  social  condition; to have
played and laughed  with enthusiasm and  sung   with
exultation; to know even one life  has  breathed  easier
because you have lived...that is to  have  succeeded."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Recently someone referred to Delights of the Heart as Pooh's Thotful Spot.  So this morning I visited Pooh and this is the quote he shared with me.

Just last week I commented my camellia's were not blooming much. I am laughing now because they have burst forth in a beautiful array of pinks, red, and white.  What a JOY to behold.  What is bringing laughter and joy to your heart today?

I will announce my "this and that" give away on Friday and the winner will be announced on Monday, which will be my 700th post. 

8 comments:

Baracka said...

beautiful quote. so true.. thank you for sharing i feel better

blessings.

Kathy Walker said...

Emerson said it all!

Joy said...

Oh, I love camellias, thank you for this beautiful photo (as well as the quote). They don't grow well where I live but I need to go check on the one I planted for my mom before she died, to see if it is blooming.

Laurie said...

When my father died 6 yrs ago on the 12th, we used this quote in his memorial card, as this was my dad. It was so fitting, and to see it again brings tears to my eyes. Thank-you for posting it today.

Linda Jennings said...

I love the quote!! The camellia photo is so pretty! Our climate is too harsh to grow camellias.

Jeanne said...

How beautiful is everything that you share. That is one of my favorite quotes and I love Pooh
Love and hugs

parTea lady said...

Your photo is beautiful. Thanks for the wonderful quote too.

Relyn Lawson said...

A wonderful, wonderful piece of wisdom. It was good to read again today. Thank you.