Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bunnies by the Bay


In the past two weeks I have had many opportunities for meeting fellow bloggers.
I was so excited to meet Krys at Bunnies by the Bay.
Victoria Magazine in the early 1990's wrote a story on Bunnies by the Bay
and I had dreamt of meeting the creative force behind this fun business for a long time.
10 years ago I visited Anacortes, Washington and stopped by the Bunnies by the Bay shop, but didn't meet the owners.  Then several months ago I came across Krys's blog and was thrilled to see what she was working on.  Last week I was again in Anacortes and Krys invited us to stop by her studio.
I had no idea what I was in for.  Krys and her sister both showed us around their warehouse studio where they develop the cutest baby books, baby clothes, baby toys, and whatever else pops into their heads.  I was blown away and oh would I have loved working in a creative environment such as this.
There were props for inspiration, soft lovable toys, the cutest characters any child (me included) would love, and that pink coat, oh my but any baby would love to be wrapped in that softness and cuddled.
If you haven't heard of Bunnies by the Bay definitely take a peek at their website and you will be enchanted.
And yes~they work right next to a beautiful bay, just gorgeous!

More than a few words for The August Break

11 comments:

Angela McRae said...

I don't remember this story so I will have to look for it when I'm going through my Victorias. Looks like a fun place with beautiful things!

koralee said...

I love Bunnies by the Bay...I am always visiting that store..in fact we are off to camp at Deception Pass next weekend and I will be stopping in to pay a visit. I have not yet had the lucky chance to meet Krys...but love her blog!
Hugs my friend. xoxoox

Annie Jeffries said...

Ahh, this was the Krys you spoke of. No wonder you were so excited. This place is a marvel.

Caroline said...

I would go nuts in a store like that! Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos today!

parTea lady said...

That looks like a great place to visit and thanks for the link. I would love to have that little pink jacket for my granddaughter.

susanna said...

What a neat visit, especially as you were able to peak into their creative workshop. If we had wee ones, I would be ordering some of those adorable baby items tonight.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This looks like an enjoyable fun place. Seems I remember reading about them in the magazine.

I hope you find your Victoria magazine soon! Let me know what you think about it. I think I found mine at a grocery store.

Katherine

Tracy said...

Oh, I remember that story... and Bunnies by the Bay! What fun you were able to go there, Marilyn...looks a great day trip fot stocking up on sweet baby goodies...aaawww... Happy Day ((HUGS))

Cathy said...

I love to look at adorable baby things even though my grandchildren are way past that stage. It sounds like you had a lovely visit, Marilyn.

Relyn Lawson said...

When I saw your post title, I immediately remembered the Victoria article. How cool is that? I am so excited for you to get to meet all your wonderful blog friends. Next year, count me in.

Time Traveling in Costume said...

I visited Bunnies years ago and was enchanted by it. I still remember the windchimes along the fenceline made of teacups and saucers. I bought a bottle of oil named June Bug and always wished I'd bought more. It was heavenly. Maybe next time I'm up visiting Mom, we'll try and go over there again.
Val