Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Mad Hatter Tea Party

The table is ready for a Mad Hatter Tea Party.
Why not start at the end sharing the sweets.
There were Dormouse Cookies, Meringue Mushrooms, and Eat Me Red Velvet Cupcakes.
Bread and Butterflies were served.

White Rabbits Tea Sandwiches with carrots and raisins.
The Queen of Hearts egg salad sandwiches with just a touch of chili paste.

It is a fun tradition each year as I plan and produce Lily's Christmas Tea.
Lily and her family started coming to my home when Lily was 4 years old and now she is 12 years old. I think we have only missed one or two years. It is so much fun to surprise the family with the theme each year. This year I read Alice in Wonderland and made notes.
Then I started planning.
Of course we would have Orange Marmalade for the scones, this was at the original Mad Hatter Tea Party.
Then before the party we had a game of croquet sent from the Queen of Hearts herself. The flamingos didn't always cooperate, but in the end there were two winners.

There was also Cheshire Cat Smile turkey sandwiches and Mushroom Caps too.

The tea of course said Drink Me and plenty of tea was imbibed.

Now you would think that would be the end of it each year, but my women's group thought it sounded like so much fun. They wanted to be included too. So the past three years they have come the night before Lily's family comes for a trial run. Two tea parties in one weekend, what fun! A tea party tradition for sure for the holidays.

18 comments:

Adrienne said...

What fun! Everything looks wonderful. And how great for Lily to look forward to this special event every year. ~Adrienne~

Jeanne said...

Beautiful
Merry Christmas
my lovely friend
Love Jeanne

Kathy the Teawife said...

What a lovely spread . . . so magical! I'm sure your women's group and Lily were tickled to be so pampered! Hugs, Kathy the teawife

Linda Jennings said...

Fabulous, fun table decorations, delicious food, and lots of fun -- sounds like 2 very successful tea parties to me!!

Steph said...

Oh, I LOVE it! Your treats are so fun and I bet scrumptious!

Rosemary said...

What a fabulous and creative tea party! You brought great joy to Lily and her family! How special. We hope to have a Mad Hatter's Tea Party in March when the Johnny Depp movie comes out... I will be sure to use some of your clever ideas. It looked like such fun!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I love the idea..... there's something fun about making the world of our imaginations 'come to life'... kind of like in the old cartoon classic, with Jimmy Durante as narrator, where the snowman (Frosty) becomes a living fellow, carrot nose and all.

Have fun!

BTW, this is my first time visit. Found your comment on Violet's site and I'm glad I stopped by... your blog lives up to your name!

I note you love Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book.... me too! So it may be that we've got some 'kindred spirit' connecting threads....

Brenda

Caroline said...

Oh how wonderful...Love the festive table setting!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

PS. I was so delighted to 'meet' you the other day, I had to share your site in today's posting.

parTea lady said...

That looks like a great tea party. I love how you incorporated the Christmas decor with the Alice theme. The food looked delicious (cute ideas). What a fun holiday event for Lily and her family (as well as your women's group friends) to enjoy.

christina said...

This is absolutely stunning! I adore these photos, my friend.
xo

"Create Beauty" said...

I love tea parties! Yours looks delightful!!! Every so often some girlfriends get together for a party where we wear pretty dresses, and of course, HATS, and enjoy ourselves either in someones home or at a tea place. So fun! Thanks for sharing your joyful beautiful yummy party. ~ Violet

La Tea Dah said...

How fun! Everything looks beautiful --- perfect!

LaTeaDah

Deanna said...

A delightful Tea!
d

Mary said...

What great tea parties - I know everyone loved them. You are so creative.

paris parfait said...

How much fun! What a great menu and whimsical idea!

Bernideen said...

Lovely event - great ideas!

Angela McRae said...

What absolute fun! Thanks for sharing this with us!