Friday, November 27, 2009

Gardens in France


Having a Master Gardener for a husband, he wanted to visit gardens.
Since I love gardens too, it was fun to seek them out as we traveled in France.
The first garden we visited was the Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, which I have shared already.
In the Dordogne River region there were some beautiful gardens.
The first garden we visited was a water garden with many beautiful water lilies and frogs.
Next we venture out to Les Jardins Du Manoir D'Eyrignac.
It was a beautiful sculptured garden originally developed in the 17th and 18th centuries. Being an apple lover I noticed many apple trees along our travel. The one at this garden intrigued me because it was trimmed into a round shape and even had structured plants around it's base.
Many of the apple orchards we saw were also kept small and covered with netting to protect the fruit from the birds.
Then our last garden was a vegetable garden found at the Castlenaud, which I will show another day. We were fascinated by the symmetry of the garden, pictured in the collage at the left center.
Double click on the collage to see the picture in more detail.

10 comments:

Merisi said...

Beautiful images,
make we want to get on the road and visit those magnificent places!
Last September, traveling through Northern Italy, specifically the Alto Adige region (Südtirol), I noticed nets spanned over acres and acres of apple trees. Some so artfully, they looked like Christo wrapped works of art,

Jeanne said...

So very lovely and beautiful indeed.
Blessings and much love
Jeanne♥

The Painted Garden said...

Oh - my goodness - I am enjoying your travel posts so much - your photographs are fabulous and bring back many fond memories as I have traveled through France in many of the areas you have.Provence is my favorite area to visit and paint.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Erin

Steph said...

Mmm, thank you for sharing these garden photos!

Relyn Lawson said...

Lucky you - married to a Master Gardner. Luckier you - married to someone who still make your heart skip a beat. Lucky him, too.

Time Traveling in Costume said...

It makes me want to go out and do something in my own garden.
Beautiful!
Val

SE'LAH... said...

And you're married to a master gardener? Wonder how beautiful your herb garden grows ;)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Thank you for entering my Christmas teapot give away. I enjoyed looking at your very lovely blog and reading about your travel experiences. The gardens in your mosaic are very lovely!

Sammy Girl said...

Oh --- how delightful! We live in a "Whoville" ... (townhouse) so are "temporarily" without garden of our own. So nice that Portland and the whole northwest has so many lovely public gardens!
Hugs and have a great week!
Betty :)
(and think I just noticed that you are starting soldering charms ??)
B :)

parTea lady said...

The gardens are lovely. What a lot of interesting topiary shapes. The water lilies are so pretty.