Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Recently Read Books

I picked up The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly a couple months ago. I was intrigued by the title. It had the word Tea, which I love, and Rose, which I also love. I wasn't disappointed. The story did include a lot of tea during the late 1800's in London, but there was also an intriguing story line. Their were many twists and turns and I was kept guessing at the outcome. Definitely a book that captured my attention.
I just finished The Winter Rose, which has some of the same characters as The Tea Rose. It also captured my attention and I enjoyed it very much. Jennifer Donnelly's writing skills were very fine tuned to keep me reading to the end. Yes, it wasn't until the very end that I knew the outcome of the story. Both books were very good reads and I can't wait now for what will come next. There is intrigue, mystery, love, and sadness all wrapped up in each one of these books.

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

These books look very interesting -- I love the names!

But what I really love is your pretty new header. Great photography! I love it!

LaTeaDah

Annie Jeffries said...

More books for my Good Reads list of "to be read". Thanks!!

Steph said...

Ah, I read the tea rose but didn't there was another.