Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chocolate and Hearts

As we move toward Valentine Day my mind tends toward chocolates, hearts, love, along with some tea. This is the perfect treat for Valentine Day, a red velvet cupcake with a candied rose petal sitting on top. Of course red is the color of choice this month. Beside warming us it signifies the heart. My heart tucked on the top of the cupcake is glass, but isn't it pretty sitting there in that cloud of sugar? My red teapot comes out to celebrate the season. Since black teas are sometimes called red teas, I think a nice black tea for the cold winter day would warm us well.
**********
I am beginning to learn that is is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder
****
Now wouldn't a red velvet cupcake and a cup of tea be the perfect sweet, simple pleasure for a cold winter day?

1 comment:

Steph said...

What lovely, tasty and sweet sentiments (and treats!).