Thursday, February 5, 2009

Asking

Picture was taken in Venice. A window with one lone nastursium.
*******
Asking is a difficult thing for me to do. What about you?
Why is it the we think we can be self sufficient and don't need to ask or accept help when needed? I have been thinking on this thought this week and have been confronted with several quotes, then this morning my reading was on just this thought. In Simple Abundance it was written that "Asking is the way of activating spiritual electricity." It helps us to see more clearly. In these times of hunkering down economically sometimes we need to ask for prayer, support, or just help to carry the load. I remember one time I was trying to carry alot in my arms and I kept dropping things. Someone came along and offered to help me carry the load and I said, I can do it myself. He kept insisting as I kept dropping things. Finally I accepted the help and he walked with me and shared the load. It was amazing to have someone walk along with me and share my load. Now I ask myself, why did I think I had to "do it myself".
*********
The healthy, the strong individual, is the one who asks for help when he (she) needs it. Whether he (she) as an absess on his knee or in his soul. ~Rona Barrett
****
Trouble is part of your life, and if you don't share it, you don't give the person who loves you a chance to love you enough. ~Dinah Shore

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Marianne, I'm doing the Simple Abundance also, and find this book so comforting, energizing, and eye opening. I've had it for several years, and every couple I go through it again as if I never have before. Thanks for sharing with everyone.
Laurie

Steph said...

I love this quote: "Asking is the way of activating spiritual electricity."

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

It was very important for me to read your blog this morning. I have always had the problme of asking and have carried this down to my one daughter. Thank you. Susan

Anonymous said...

Oh boy did I need to read this just about now. :-)